Thursday, October 30, 2008

AAA Ch. 1


I am so excited that AAA inducted me into the newest class of Africa investigators. I cannot wait to finish our training and head out to make a difference on the ground! Our first day of training taught us about the physical features of Africa. Did you know they have every climate type from rain forests to deserts to high mountain peaks that stay snow covered all year? I thought it was all jungle and Savannah where the gorillas and lions roamed! I'm not a fan of the extreme weather though, and I am thinking about doing my work in a moderate climate.


South Africa, while arid conditions do exist, is mainly a Mediterranean or marine west coast climate, which should be pretty comfortable. South Africa is also rich in natural resources com paired to other African countries. They have even developed industry and have modern cities. I wonder if a country with so many advantages compared to the rest of the continent has any problems worth me helping out? Maybe when we learn a little about the history, I might find a problem.


No comments: